I am interested in obtaining a Certificate of Rehabilitation…

Customer Question
I am interested in obtaining...
I am interested in obtaining a Certificate of Rehabilitation from the Superior Court of San Diego. I have a copy of the packet which includes the petition as well as the notification form that must be sent to the District Attorney when a hearing is set. All of this looks to be something a person in possession of their DoJ records could fill out and submit on their own. I am in possession of these records because I had my record expunged years ago. Now I am interested in obtaining a pardon from the governor. I don't mind doing the "leg work" on this matter but I don't want to screw it up either. I am willing to pay to discuss the details of my case and to find out if, indeed, this is something I can do on my own.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/15/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you managed to get this far and have the packet for the rehabilitation, it is something you can do on your own actually as you have pretty much everything you need. So as far as filing the petition for certificate of rehabilitation and even your application for pardon, it is something you can do on your own as long as you are capable of writing your thoughts in a clear and concise manner, since these petitions rely on you explaining the change in your life since the criminal act and how you have become a productive member of society and including affidavits from community leaders (if possible) and members of the community supporting your request.