How much of a clinical lab ownership do I have to have to…

Customer Question
how much of a clinical...
how much of a clinical lab ownership do I have to have to refer to my clinical lab tox tests from my addiction clinic
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/15/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Are you a doctor? Are you talking about the Stark laws which prohibit doctors from referring to any entity they have any ownership interest in?
NO WE OWN AN ADDICTION CENTER....WE WANT TO SEND TESTS TO OUR OWN LAB. HOW MUCH OF THE LAB DO WE NEED TO OWN TO REFER TO OUR LAB
Thank you for your reply.
Under PA's law, Act 122, the PA Department of Health states it is an exception if you "own the lab" which is not defined in the law. FL has a similar law but holds 40% is the minimum ownership interest. PA has no such specification of percentage of ownership which would mean you have to own the whole lab and it does not say otherwise in the laws.

Thank you for your phone request, but for some reason it is not going through.

Did you have follow up questions?

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney