Can I cancel Hansons contract after the notice of

Customer Question
Can I cancel Hansons...

Can I cancel Hansons contract after the notice of cancellation has expired?

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Found a better price elsewhere, and immediate installation for our leaking roof.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/14/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you have a construction contract and did not cancel within the time provided in the contract to cancel, then you are bound by the contract and it can only be cancelled by written agreement of all of the parties. If you cancel outside of the cancellation period, the contractor can sue for damages or to compel you to complete the contract and could even seek to put a mechanic's lien on your property. So you are going to have to negotiate this out with the contractor I am afraid.