Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

The landlord of the rv park i live in comes up to me last

Customer Question
thursday and ask me not...
The landlord of the rv park i live in comes up to me last thursday and ask me not to park on the grass but the gravel instead. Thats fine except im quite sure he didnt ask anyone else seeing as how my neighbor was doing the same but was inside his rv so nothing was said to him and the same for six other neighbors. So i emailed the landlord stating that i was sure he didnt say anything to anyone else making it discrimination and i would appreciate it if they were told as well. He responds with a very aggressive email and now my fiance is afraid we will be evicted. Can he legally evict us because i had felt discriminated against?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/14/2016
Lawyer: Chris T., JD, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

Did you sign a lease agreement? If so, does it address where you can and can't park, or whether the landlord has the right to move you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I signed a month to month. It does state to park on gravel but there is only gravel for one vehice and if we stack them we are in the road. I dont believe it said he has the right to move us.

Since you are on a month to month lease, the landlord has the right to simply not renew your lease next month. He doesn't need to give you a reason. However, even if he did decide to evict you on the grounds of where you were parked, even if other people were parked there too, you don't have a suit against him for discrimination. This is what may be considered legal discrimination. In order to have a discrimination suit, you must first be in a class of people who are protected from discrimination (think: race, gender, religion, etc.). Unfortunately, this situation would not be covered by those discrimination laws. But, like I said, if he wants you gone, all he'll have to do is not renew your lease at the end of the month and there isn't much you can do.

Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney