How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19658
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was a co-signer on a student loan and to person has not

Customer Question

I was a co-signer on a student loan and to person has not paid.I've been turned into a collection agency-which I HAVE paid.Now another loan has come due.Is there any way I can go after her legally to recoop my losses?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Yes. You can file lawsuit against her to recover for payments that you have made on her behalf. You can obtain forms for filing the lawsuit at the Courthouse in the County where she resides at the Clerk's office.