My little brother is 18 he got arrested violence and

Customer Question
My little brother is 18...
My little brother is 18 he got arrested for domestic violence and wrongful imprisonment his girlfriend barely got a scratch on her hand when he took the car keys away didn't break the skin he took her wallet and keys that is the charge for wrongful imprisonment he never got in trouble with the law before his first court date is coming up is it possible they will drop the charges since this his first offence
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/14/2016
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

Typically, the state does not choose to dismiss domestic violence cases, at least not right away. They may reduce the charge though for purposes of a plea bargain.

Is the complainant interested in going forward?