Can a confidential informer video and record a drug buy in…

Customer Question
Can a confidential informer...

Can a confidential informer video and record a drug buy in washington state

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My son says that a guy walked up to him asked about getting drugs. my son noticed a light on on a cell phone the guy was holding. The guy was drunk, my son sold him drugs. Could this have been an informant. How can we find out if my son is in trouble. King County Washington

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/14/2016
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Yes, it could have been an informant and yes an informant can record/video a drug buy for the police.

There is no way to know whether the man was an informant or if your son is the subject of an investigation until he is charged. However, if this happened recently then he may want to consider moving since they may not know who he is just yet and if he leaves they may not ever learn of his identity.