I am a professional driver (Owner/Operator) I received a…

Customer Question
I am a professional driver...
I am a professional driver (Owner/Operator) I received a notice for Jury duty for Feb 1st I made my self available followed protocol since the 1st I received notice for Jury duty for Feb 15th &17th and again for Feb 24th & 25th I will lose over $10,000 in revenue Can I be removed from the list since I followed protocol or can I Sue the Fond Du Lac County Courts
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/13/2016
Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

First, you can't sue the county for issuing you a summons for jury duty.....and you can't sue for the money you'll lose if you have to serve. The government is immune from being sued over something like this.

As for getting out of it, the only way to do that is to contact the court clerk's office, inform them that you're not going to be in town and ask if you can get permission from the court/judge to be excused.

It is very likely that you could get out of jury duty based on your situation, but you'd have to get the court's permission to do so or they could cite you with contempt for not appearing.

As I mentioned I followed protocol and made myself available for Jury Duty on Feb 1st my concern is that I received notification for 4 more dates Feb 15th 17th 24th and 25th I could lose my contract if I lose that much time no to mention falling behind on bills including weekly child support payments

I understand that you've been following the rules.....but if you cannot appear because of your job, you should be able to get permission to miss.....

One main exemption from having to appear is that your business would cease to operate IF you weren't there......and that's certainly the case with you.

Roger, Attorney