I am having a problem with this comment forum called disqus.

Customer Question
They are a service that...
I am having a problem with this comment forum called disqus. They are a service that receives comments for news blogs like The Hill, Daily Caller, Crooks and Liars, Politico among others. Recently out of the blue they banned me from posting. i went back though all the post I made the past 9 days and all of them were marked as spam. Not 1 but all of them. And then they blocked me from commenting period. I tried getting an explanation as to why but all they are giving me is the run around. To make a long story short I want advice on how to file a lawsuit violating my 1st amendment rights. if you or somebody there can help me i would greatly appreciate it. All I need is a blank template to get started.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/13/2016
Lawyer: Hammer O'Justice, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Hammer O'Justice

Hello.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately, you don't have grounds to sue Disqus for violating your First Amendment rights. The First Amendment only protects you against government infringement upon your speech. So if a government actor/agent tries to unlawfully interfere with your right to speak, then you may have a civil rights action against them. However, Disqus is a private company and is not bound by the First Amendment. They do not have to give you a forum to speak and they can ban you for any reason whatsoever because it is a private company. So you would not have grounds to sue a private company for a First Amendment violation because the Constitution does not apply to their actions at all. Sorry I can't give you better news.