Is it necessary to have pet insurance on a pet dog that I am…

Customer Question
Is it necessary to have...
Is it necessary to have pet insurance on a pet dog that I am flying to Cleveland from Georgia they said they were give pet away just had to pay for the plane ticket and transfer of ownership papers and they said I would not have to pay more money and the they or saying now that I have to send 2500 hundred dollars for insurance and I have a sign paper that says I'm the rightful owner of the dog and then I seen him on another site and the person has him up for sale for 1500 dollars is I Sue do I have a case
Thank you Bruce
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/12/2016
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Bruce, who are "they?" Surely there seems to be more to this story. Can you please provide a little background on what has happened?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

His or his name is***** he was on fb saying given free pups away and its a white boxer dog so I made a comment on the site that I was interested in one so he made contact with like mount later and ask if I was still interested and said yes but had to pay small fee which turn into 320dollars and he sent document that I had to sign for transfer of ownership vi email and then when all said an done then he comes at me with needing more money transfer to him in the sum of 2500hundred dollars for insurance purposes and every airline I've called said it is not necessary to have the insurance so I think I got scammed I did not send the money but he saying I'm not getting my ray if I don't and I have all pictures and text copied and just want to know if I pursue with charges if I have a case against him BC he got my dog up for sale on another dog groups called new Mexico livestock and pets 4 sale

Bruce,

You are being scammed. See HERE. This is a common scam where the seller keeps asking for more and more money.

There are no puppies. There is no sale or give away. This was a hoax to get as much money from you as possible. They will keep coming up with reasons for delay and more money, possibly even pretending to be government agencies to call and "confirm" that a payment is needed. The scam can be pretty convincing. But it is in the end, a scam.

You need to file a complaint with the IC3 center HERE. This is a website that will pass on the complaint to the relevant authorities such as the FBI, etc, and possibly - hopefully - may even get you some of your money back.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Thank you for your call request. The site allows the expert to opt out of the call request, and I must respectfully ***** ***** not worry - other experts will receive the request as well, and they may agree to the call. They will also have your question(s) and my answer(s) to build upon, so nothing will be lost. Note that customer service indicates that there is an issue with payment for this call. You may wish to contact customer service to take care of this matter before the call request is honored.

Lawyer: Legalease, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer

Hello there Bruce --

-

I am happy to have a telephone conversation with you but there were problems processing the additional fee for a telephone call with your source of payment. You need to contact customer service at(###) ###-####or 888-(###) ###-####to straighten out the telephone call payment issue before customer service will authorize the call to you.

-

In addition to the scam alert brought to your attention by Ely above, I can also tell you that even if this is NOT a scam, it is not normally required to purchase pet insurance from a shipping seller in the circumstances you describe. Pet insurance only works if the dog is hospitalized at a vet for some reason during transit to you and if that does happen, then they have sold you a sick dog and you can sue the seller for all veterinarian bills if you incur any costs because of any such illness. If you would feel more comfortable having pet insurance on the dog during transit, you can still purchase it through a Pet Insurance Company Directly for about 150 dollars for coverage for an entire year (the costs for this are NOT hundreds or thousands of dollars -- and because the "seller" is asking for that much money for pet insurance, I am inclined to agree with my colleague, ELY (above) that this entire puppy sale to you is a scam and if you send them any money you will never receive a puppy.

-

Please press a positive rating above in the ratings section so I will be paid for my time. I am paid nothing for assisting you today unless you press a positive rating in the ratings section above (three, four or five stars is considered a positive rating). Pressing a positive rating will not cost you any additional money -- it simply triggers Just Answer to give me credit for assisting you today and to pay me for the time spent answering your questions. Please let me know if you have any additional related follow up questions on this matter. THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!

-

MARY

-

If you can't get the money then just take me off so I do not get charged for your service ounce a mount then they don't except my card please

Hello again -

-

The experts do not handle payment issues and I have no authority to remove the question cost from your credit card or straighten out the phone call matter with customer service, You must handle this yourself through customer service at(###) ###-#### I will forward them this question so they will know you are calling them.

-

MARY

Legalease
Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer