If you are a domestic violence victim and the abuser leaves…

Customer Question
If you are a domestic...
If you are a domestic violence victim and the abuser leaves behind possessions but was never on the lease can use that to pay rent seeing it is in your possession or considered your property because it's in your home?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/12/2016
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

I'm sorry to hear this.

How long was the property abandoned for?

Also were criminal charges ever pressed?

Was there a marriage involved, or cohabitation?

there are 4 cases within a month he has a GPS unit on him he has been In jail so many times.. Yes we lived together in 2 different states his criminal charges in two different states as well ..I have had the property for three months . Really appreciate any help you can give me with this .
there also 4 restraining orders out

Both parties were on the lease?

Tina, Lawyer