Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I have a house I bought but do not rent it or live in it and

Customer Question

I have a house I bought but do not rent it or live in it and only have the gas and electricity on to keep pipes from freezing. I do not have water hooked up and do not pay for sewer. Why do I have to pay for trash pickup? Wouldn't that be consider being charged for services not rendered?
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Generally, the city or county votes to assess garbage collection fees to real property just like real estate taxes......everyone pays regardless of whether they use it.....under the theory that it's available if you wish to use it.

That said, the only way you could get the fee removed from your property would be to get the city to grant you a variance (which I assume would require a board order).

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks.