How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald, Esq Your Own Question
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 3920
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Gerald, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a Condor Capital Customer and Just the day after

Customer Question

I am a Condor Capital Customer and Just the day after Christmas, they sent someone to repossess my car, call local police, the driver didn't have any paperwork, was forced to drop the car. I never received any paperwork, no phones calls prior to this happening. I've only received two phone calls, saying I owe ungodly amounts of money and how I intent on paying, and I told them as before, I'm not the owner and just the consignor, no, I'm the owner, this needs to resolved, don't know where to start, the place we purchased the car might have done, but anyway my daughter got her taxes and was trying to pay and avoid the repossession guys, and I went to pay the amount she owes, and Western Union are banned from accepting payments for them, they informed me to do a money gram, which we have tried before, what should we do. Oh not to mentioned this would have been the third repossesion. My question is what to do?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Three of her car payments came up missing, sent through mail, western union. They didn't care, we proved we sent them and late fees, admin fee, all type of fees kept surfacing and the bill higher, As of today they say she's 285 days behind and owes 3315.52. My daughter last payment was in December 2015.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

It sounds like the company may be violating the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. This federal law regulates the manner in which a company may collect a debt. It also sounds like they may have violated state laws pertaining to repossion of the car.

There are three steps that you can take:

1) File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. See here:

2) File a complaint with the State Attorney General

Google the name of your state and Attorney General. Look for the Consumer Protection link.

3) Bring a private action against the company for these violations. See here:

Attorneys who do Consumer Protection work will meet with you at little or no cost to assess your situation. SInce the Law provides that the collection agency must pay attorneys fees (as well as statutory and punitive damages) for violations of the law, you have no reason not to at least speak with a consumer protection attorneys.

This link can help you find an attorney:

The attorney can also help you defend against the debt as well as pursue damages for you.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Related Legal Questions