My husband wants a divorce. he is worth a lot. i am

Customer Question
emotionally fragile. he said if...
my husband wants a divorce. he is worth a lot. i am emotionally fragile. he said if i get a lawyer that he will make things hard on me. i have children and cannot handle his wrath. so he said he would come up with proposal that i can show to my family. my cousin took me to a lawyer with the proposal without his knowledge. i paid lawyer in cash she looked at proposal and said not bad but there are a few things she would change i agreed that yes her changes are good. she charges 525.00 per hour i thought she was going to write a proposal , i would change the heading so it looks like it is coming from my family she agreed. then i would send proposal to my husband, who i believe will agree maybe for a few things then i would come back with other proposal. i thought i was going to pay her her hourly rate for how many hours she worked. as i need this to end soon. but she needs me to sign retainer for 10,000 why do i need retainer when i know he will be happy with proposal. And if not i know it will not be more than a few weeks. so why do i need to pay retainer?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/11/2016
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Loren, Attorney

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Have you asked the attorney why you are paying a retainer? Have you made a counteroffer? If so, what was the offer?

Are you online with me?