Do I have a case.....MD cut a blood vessel during a routine…

Customer Question
Do I have a case.....MD...
Do I have a case.....MD cut a blood vessel during a routine office procedure...
MD stated don't ask any questions & left the room..he never came back
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/10/2016
Lawyer: Delta-Lawyer, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney

Possibly. The reason I say possibly is because we need to know more for you to proceed comfortably here. In order to prevail in a case for medical malpractice, you need to show that the actions or the physician (or inaction as the case may be) fall below the applicable standard of care. The standard of care is what a reasonable physician would have done in the situation in your geographic area. This is normally established via expert testimony.

In so doing, you will have to show that the physician had a duty, breached that duty, the breach cause you harm and you will have to show the damages.

So, if the cutting of this vessel and the subsequent lack of treatment thereafter resulted in breaching of the standard of care, then you certainly have a strong case.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments and please rate my answer positively (three or more stars) as well.

By the way, I am a licensed attorney with over a dozen years of experience handling med/mal cases like this one. Moreover, I am sorry you are having to go through this issue.