Case # 1601210850. Rav 4

Customer Question
Case #(###) ###-#### ***** 4...
Case #(###) ###-#### ***** 4
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/8/2016
Lawyer: molurch,
 replied 2 years ago
molurch

Letters and approximately 10-12 phone calls

Customer

Case #(###) ###-#### ***** 4
???
sorry......this is "Just Answer" we answer Automotive Questions
What is your question?
Please post Year, Make, Model, Engine, Transmission?
Please also post as much info of the issue you are having?

.

Sorry I believed I was on a Rav 4 Toyota 2009 specific area. The vehicle entered the Toyota dealership, accelerated and lunged toward a vehicle already being serviced in the bay. An employee of the dealership then got in the vehicle to move it to another pay. Once again the vehicle accelerated and had to be shut off in order to control it. Now the RAV 4 has a history of this problem, however, after filing a claim with Toyota they denied it after inspection. I went to the shop where it was inspected and they advised me that the inspector never drove the vehicle he only applied his brake. In as much as the acceleration appeared to be a malfunction of the engine and not a problem with the brake pedal, his response stating that he applied the brake on there was no resistance, and no fluid was present has nothing to do with the problem reported. We have been without a vehicle since the Dec 5 incident and have not driven it since for fear of another accident. We cannot reach anyone at the Torrance Toyota Sales willing to help. They only assure us that a representative will call back. If and when they do they just claim they will pass the information on. The service personnel letter is attached and never does she said she stepped on the gas pedal. It took off on its own.
Lawyer: molurch,
 replied 2 years ago

sorry for the delay...........
This really should be posted to "Legal" as all any of the Automotive or Toyota Expert can do is confirm or deny an issue & that would not help much for you.
I will send a note to a Moderator & ask that they present this to a Legal Representative.
thanks