How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118283
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get a copy of orig. purchase price on an SSN which

Customer Question

How do I get a copy of orig. purchase price on an SSN which is ex-fiancee that gifted me a house & there was no deed transferring the property to me, only a quit claim to me.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
To get the original purchase price on the home, that would be listed in the property records with the recorder of deeds and it would also be in the tax assessor's office. So you can go to either of those two places to find the original purchase price. Your quit claim is the deed transferring the property to you and you need to file that quit claim with the property clerk as well to record your ownership.