An 18 year old girl is in a criminal psychiatric hospital…

Customer Question
an 18 year old girl...
an 18 year old girl is in a criminal psychiatric hospital for allegedly killing someone. Her father/attorney visits with a visitor's pass but cannot be admitted because the girl is in solitary. is it accurate that a lawyer cannot visit his client in solitary?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/5/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If he is her attorney of record in the case, she cannot be denied her right to legal counsel, that would violate her 6th Amendment Constitutional right. Even if she is in solitary, her counsel of record has legal rights to access his client and if the hospital refuses, unless they can prove it would cause a legitimate security risk or danger to the inmate or attorney, the attorney would be able to file a motion in court to gain access to the client and the court will order it.