In New York Apellants file the record in Appendix form

Customer Question
without Respondent's review and approval...
In New York Apellants file the record in Appendix form without Respondent's review and approval and the Record contains material not before the Court in the subject appeal. What do I, as Respondent do.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/5/2016
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

If there is material that is not pertient in the record you file a Motion to Strike that material from the recrd. If there are other errors you can file a Motion to Correct the Record. If there is material missing your file a Motion to Supplement the record.

In the Motion you state what is wrong with the record and what corrections are necessary.

These links have information that should be helpful to you:

https://www.nycourts.gov/courts/nyc/civil/motions.shtml

http://nycourts.gov/courthelp/GoingToCourt/motionsOSC.shtmlI want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.