I bought a 2015 new f150 ford superaba truck it is a 4x4…

Customer Question
HI I bought a 2015 new...
HI
I bought a 2015 new f150 ford superaba truck it is a 4x4 with factory installed 6inch lift kit by Property Comp. Signed 0 % contract for 60thousand dollars. After having in possession for 8 days I noticed some grease spray near the front axle on the passenger side after farther inspection, I saw that the inner CV boot on the front drive had been damaged, l crawled under to take a close relationship look and confirmed that it looked like it had what looked like a small tear. I cleaned it off and seen it had been patched up with some kind of silicone and was not leaking any grease. I took pics and went to the dealer. They came out to look at it and stated " oh must of been damaged during the lift install, and we will replace the city boot". This was Jan 8 of 16. After I left the dealer, I did farther research and find that the axles will not turn unless it is in***** So some had to drive it in 4 wheel to spray that much grease around. My question is they sold me a damaged truck and did not divulge that it it had been. I would bet the grease at the cv joint has mostly been expelled and dry cleaning joint will occur. What options do I have? Can I ask for compensation ect?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/5/2016
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Good morning. Have they fixed the truck and is it in good, working, condition now?

No

So what is the issue now?

Hi, are you still with me? I know you shared that they said they will replace the city boot, so I am curious to know if they did and/or if there are still problems related to this?

Did you see the pics I sent?
The issue is they sold me a truck that had been damaged. I'm pissed..

I did not see them. For some reason they did not appear. However, you may have a cause of action against them. If you bought a brand new truck, that is what you would be entitled to. Now, if the replace of the city boot, was something that could be easily done and the result of the damage would not have any effect on the rest of the truck or its workings, then there really would not be an issue. I only say this because if they saw this prior to the sale, they would have just replaced it and you would have been in the same position. Now, if the problem/issue resulted and caused other problems, then you could have a claim and basis to demand compensation, since a new car, would not have resulted in this. If you do want to go after them and make a demand, you can present your findings to them BUT it would be better if you had a 3rd party professional investigate this and document their findings, so you can show the dealer exactly what the problem is and how it effects the truck and value and will lead to additional problems. Moreover, you have a link/connection to show that the damage could have only occurred from the 4 wheel and there was some misrepresentation about what was done with the truck prior to sale.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!