I'm from Pennsylvania and there was a drug raid at my house…

Customer Question
I'm from Pennsylvania and there...
I'm from Pennsylvania and there was a drug raid at my house as I read the search warrant it stated that the affiant obtained a penDot photo of me with my DOB and address on it then showed the c.i which identified me my question is how can they get a penDot ID ofvme with my new address if I don't even have one the ID I have has my old address so is this legal or did they do something wrong
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
Also I have a video of the raid and it looks like one of the officers are planting something but I can't tell
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/4/2016
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

Have you been arrested and charged? Was contraband found?

I cannot determine with any accuracy how the police obtained your new address. However, if I had to make an educated guess, the confidential informant identified your photo. From there, regardless of the address on your old ID, the police would likely be able to find your new address and get the warrant.

What I can tell you is that if you wish to go to trial on your case, your lawyer would be able to get you a pre-trial suppression hearing, to challenge the validity of the search warrant and to explore the possibility of the police having planted evidence. If a violation of your constitutional rights did occur, any evidence seized as a result of this illegal search and seizure would have to be suppressed, meaning that it could not be used against you in this case. If all you have are drug charges and the drugs were illegally seized, the case against you would have to be dismissed.