I need to know about a lawyer who works company who is a…

Customer Question
Hi! I need to know about...
Hi!
I need to know about a lawyer who works for a company who is a officer and then meets with employee who has made complaints but did not reveal to the employee he is a active lawyer doing pretrial discovery.Is this legal without disclosing to the employee he or she is lawyer ?
The employee should have a opportunity to have a lawyer of his choose to provide proper legal advise before answering questions ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/3/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
An attorney who is representing anyone as a client has a duty to disclose that representation to others involved in the case. Failure to do so is a violation of the rules of professional conduct and grounds for sanctions by the bar. It is not grounds for the employee to sue the attorney, it is merely grounds to file a complaint with the WA bar for them to investigate the conduct and punish the attorney.