I just had a big time lawyer lay a $32,000 bill on me day…

Customer Question
i just had a big...
i just had a big time lawyer lay a $32,000 bill on me for twelve day engagement after estimating cost at $8000 He is threatening collection and suit even though itemized bill..rendered after we fired him is severely padded with research on non relevant items at $600 per hour plus $125 to read each e mail...Since he is in Philly and my small co is in NJ is fee arbitration out of question or adviseable
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/3/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Fee arbitration is usually the most economical and expedient means of resolving these types of disputes. It is much faster and cheaper than going to court to fight him. You would have to go through his itemized bill and pick out the irrelevant tasks he is billing for to show the arbitrator that these items had nothing to do with your case.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney