How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald, Esq Your Own Question
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4064
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Gerald, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I check if my license is suspended?
, I

Customer Question

How can I check if my license is suspended?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I received a DWI in Missouri, and was placed on probation, however, haven't received confirmation that I am up to date & am struggling to get clear answers. How can I confirm that my IL Drivers License is still valid?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

You can obtain the status of your driver's license with the Illinois Secretary of State. The Illinois Secretary of State will provide you with a report of your driving record. This record includes any ticket and driver's license suspensions.

You can contact the Secretary of State here:

If your license is suspended they can also provide you the information that you need to get it reinstated.

The fastest way to get the record is in person at the nearestSecretary of State facility. You will need to pay a $12 fee to the State of Illinois.

Or you can request the record by mail . send a request to the Secretary of State, Driver Analysis Section, 2701 S. Dirksen Parkway, Springfield, Il 62723. You will need to include the full name, date of birth, sex, and Illinois driver's license if possible along with your $12 fee.

Alternatively, you can use a "pay for" site who can provide an online report of your license status. These sites can not give you a certified record, but can provide you a report as to your status. This link is an example of such a site:

I provide the site only as an example, I do not endorse or have any affiliation with the site.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Please note the edits and additional information added to the original response.

Thank you.

Kind regards,


Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Wow! You made my day.

In the future if you want to ask for me plce "For Gerald" at the start of the post and post under the general legal category.

Kind regards,.