How can I check if my license is suspended?
, I

Customer Question
How can I check...

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I received a DWI in Missouri, and was placed on probation, however, haven't received confirmation that I am up to date & am struggling to get clear answers. How can I confirm that my IL Drivers License is still valid?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/3/2016
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

You can obtain the status of your driver's license with the Illinois Secretary of State. The Illinois Secretary of State will provide you with a report of your driving record. This record includes any ticket and driver's license suspensions.

You can contact the Secretary of State here:

http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/contact_us/home.html

If your license is suspended they can also provide you the information that you need to get it reinstated.

The fastest way to get the record is in person at the nearestSecretary of State facility. You will need to pay a $12 fee to the State of Illinois.

Or you can request the record by mail . send a request to the Secretary of State, Driver Analysis Section, 2701 S. Dirksen Parkway, Springfield, Il 62723. You will need to include the full name, date of birth, sex, and Illinois driver's license if possible along with your $12 fee.

Alternatively, you can use a "pay for" site who can provide an online report of your license status. These sites can not give you a certified record, but can provide you a report as to your status. This link is an example of such a site:

https://www.dmv.org/il-illinois/driving-records.php

I provide the site only as an example, I do not endorse or have any affiliation with the site.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Please note the edits and additional information added to the original response.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Wow! You made my day.

In the future if you want to ask for me plce "For Gerald" at the start of the post and post under the general legal category.

Kind regards,.

Gerald