LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I took two cases to civil court and they were dismissed

Customer Question

I took two cases to civil court and they were dismissed without prejudice. I'd like to try again but was told that I missed the 766 Florida statute. Can you please tell me what this is?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Florida Statute 766, covers medical malpractice and related matters. I have provided a link below for your review, so you can see the statute. Now, if the Judge dismissed the cases without prejudice, you can refile but since you were informed that you missed this, you may want to review it and apply it to the facts of your case to see if there was something you needed to do prior to filing or add something to your complaint. The other party is their motion to dismiss, should have stated the reason to support this, so it should provide you with some direction.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0766/0766.html

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!