How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ther we have been having, s water has to be freezing up. The

Customer Question

ther we have been having, his water has to be freezing up. The owners have no interaction wth him. My heart just goes out to him. Can anything be done?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

If I understand correctly, you are concerned about an animal abuse/neglect problem with a neighbor, where the animal does not have access to water due to ice on their water source.

You have already called animal control multiple times, but have had no success in remedying the problem.

If you have not had success with animal control there are two other agencies you can call: first is the sheriff or police department (depending on whether you are within or outside the city limits for your jurisdiction, animal control is generally overseen by one of these entities, and they may want to look into the level of care being taken); and the other is the County District Attorney's Office (the DA is the top law enforcement agency/official in the County and has jurisdiction to prosecute individuals for animal abuse/neglect, as well as having oversight over animal control).