, I have a question regarding FL sex offender probation…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question regarding FL sex offender probation and the possibility of violating one of the conditions. What can happen?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/2/2016
Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

There are several things that could happen when a sex offender violates probation - the judge could revoke probation and put the person in jail. He could extend probation, or he could impose additional terms. Which option the judge chooses depends on a variety of factors, including how long the person has been on probation, what the original crime is, what the violation is, and what the probation officer recommends. It is not uncommon for a judge to go along with what the probation officer says to do, so if you can get that person on your side, it can help.

If you're facing the possibility of going to jail, it may help to have a local attorney try to negotiate a deal with the district attorney or go to court and defend the violation for you. The standard of proof on a probation violation is LOWER than in a regular criminal case, so a lawyer can be very helpful. If you had a public defender on the original case, start by calling that person.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. If I did not address the specific thing that you wanted to know, it may not have come across clearly to me, so please restate that question. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.