How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 29822
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

, I have a question regarding FL sex offender probation

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a question regarding FL sex offender probation and the possibility of violating one of the conditions. What can happen?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

There are several things that could happen when a sex offender violates probation - the judge could revoke probation and put the person in jail. He could extend probation, or he could impose additional terms. Which option the judge chooses depends on a variety of factors, including how long the person has been on probation, what the original crime is, what the violation is, and what the probation officer recommends. It is not uncommon for a judge to go along with what the probation officer says to do, so if you can get that person on your side, it can help.

If you're facing the possibility of going to jail, it may help to have a local attorney try to negotiate a deal with the district attorney or go to court and defend the violation for you. The standard of proof on a probation violation is LOWER than in a regular criminal case, so a lawyer can be very helpful. If you had a public defender on the original case, start by calling that person.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. If I did not address the specific thing that you wanted to know, it may not have come across clearly to me, so please restate that question. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.