Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I received a phone call regarding a phone a coworker brought

Customer Question

I received a phone call regarding a phone a coworker brought into work and was selling them. It was in 2001 and stupidity I bought one for 50$ it was put in my name . I totally forgot about it and they are calling me saying I owe them 1080$ and there is a civil lawsuit against me. Is this some sort of scam I understand I had the phone I only used it for 2 mo and the bill was for 110$ the last I knew I never signed anything. They want my credit card to set up payments I'm just wondering what to do.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Who is calling you saying you owe money? What are they saying you owe the money for?