How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a corporation with three physical therapy office. My

Customer Question

I have a corporation with three physical therapy office. My Beverly office closed six years ago, as the lease expired and profit was not enough to renew a much higher lease. My Santa Monica office closed as rent escalated higher then profit and in Feb 15, 2015 I was able to sublease but still pay $4000 a month lease (new neuro-group wanted fair market price - therefore $4000 is the difference I will pay til Aug 2018 when lease is up). My last PT office sold Dec 1, 2014 and I stayed on as a consultant for a short time. I started doing collections Jan 2015 at my home. My former accountant retired and his replacement told me that I must have a Los Angeles City Business License, since I live in Playa del Rey. I went on line to fill out application but many questions I could not answer i.e. Are you in the health care industry? Actually, I was but now I am in collection of that business but under LA City" collection" means I collect for other people and I do not. It asks if business is done that involves another state (ins. companies are in many different states). I am not sure how to answer these questions and can I get a license that begins Jan 2015 when now it is 2016?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Kindly stated your specific questions.