How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19477
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son assaulted me and will not return m. Will he get full

Customer Question

My son assaulted me and will not return him. Will he get full custody when we go to child custody court. He's a registered sex offender and have a bad criminal background record.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Kindly provide proper foundation for your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My son father assaulted me on January 1st. He's only 3 months old. I pressed charges against him and they put a class c misdemeanor warrant out. He have been in and out of jail and prison his whole life. He will not allow me to see the baby nor answer the phone. I have to go to court just to try to regain custody of the baby. The police arrested him yesterday but still will not give me the baby back because he told them I'm not allowed to be around the baby. He's a registered sex offender. Will he be able to get full custody since he have him right now.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information.

No, he would not get full custody solely because he has the baby. The Court would make a decision on custody based on his and your fitness to be the custodial parent. If he is a sex offender and has lengthy criminal record, I am not sure why he even has custody of the child and not you.

You need to go to Court today and file emergency Motion for immediate custody of the child.