My son assaulted me and will not return m. Will he get full…

Customer Question
My son assaulted me and...
My son assaulted me and will not return him. Will he get full custody when we go to child custody court. He's a registered sex offender and have a bad criminal background record.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/2/2016
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Kindly provide proper foundation for your question.

My son father assaulted me on January 1st. He's only 3 months old. I pressed charges against him and they put a class c misdemeanor warrant out. He have been in and out of jail and prison his whole life. He will not allow me to see the baby nor answer the phone. I have to go to court just to try to regain custody of the baby. The police arrested him yesterday but still will not give me the baby back because he told them I'm not allowed to be around the baby. He's a registered sex offender. Will he be able to get full custody since he have him right now.

Thank you for the information.

No, he would not get full custody solely because he has the baby. The Court would make a decision on custody based on his and your fitness to be the custodial parent. If he is a sex offender and has lengthy criminal record, I am not sure why he even has custody of the child and not you.

You need to go to Court today and file emergency Motion for immediate custody of the child.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law