Is it legal to walk the streets of SXSW (south by southwest…

Customer Question
hi. is it legal to...
hi. is it legal to walk the streets of SXSW (south by southwest festival in austin TEXAS) and sell stuff like sunglasses? i've found a vendor permit but it seems based in location and food cart inspection. https://www.austintexas.gov/sites/default/files/files/Transportation/Right_of_Way/Vending_Packet_Current.pdf
my idea has neither cart nor location. thanks.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/2/2016
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.

You don't need a mobile vendor's license here since there is no kiosk or cart.

You do need a sales tax permit here are the items you need here including the permit.You will also need an EIN number for your business from IRS.

Reference..

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/texas-sellers-permit-dba-permits-13065.html

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight. Now if you go into SXSW gates somewhere they may have their own restrictions and fees, if you are on the public streets you are fine.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago

You have to apply here if you want inside the events to sell.You will need the items I reference above as well.

http://www.sxsw.com/sxsw-exhibitor-application-form

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago

I thought you might like this for growth, sample contracts, etc for exhibitors for SXSW

http://www.sxsw.com/exhibitions/trade-show/resources-exhibitors

This is a great opportunity , this show continues to grow by leaps and bounds.I have been in Austin for 25 years, really amazing.Saw Mumford and Sons in the back of a Tex Mex Place a few year ago.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago

Check this out, friend was running sound board, they got better obviously..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0BoSQbk8pg

I appreciate the chance to help you , see you at SXSW.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago

If you can leave a positive rating when we are done it is always much appreciated.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ray, Lawyer