Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I've lived here Five and 1/2 years and court Date is the

Customer Question

I've lived here Five and 1/2 years and court Date is the same as my Brother's Funeral 2/3/2016. I notice on my Summons (SUM-130) The lawyer (The Eviction Company) incorrectly put my start date as 6/2011 Not the correct date of 6/2010.
Any recourse there?
I texted Landloard 12/15 that I would get payment 2/15/2016.
I'm on El Segundo Senior Housing list and need to stay in El Segundo!
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

The lawyer (The Eviction Company) incorrectly put my start date as 6/2011 Not the correct date of 6/2010.
Any recourse there?

.

This would be considered "harmless error" and it doesn't affect the underlying legal case, which I assume is an action to evict you for failing to pay rent.

.

As for the funeral, if you had decided to go instead of court, you could file a motion for a continuance, but at this late a date, it is probably unlikely that it would be heard in time. But it still couldn't hurt to file the motion just to get it on the record in the hopes that the judge would see it on the 3rd and continue the case for a week or so...

.

But I wouldn't rely on that and weighing getting evicted vs. attending the funeral, I would probably go to the funeral late if possible..

.

.

thanks