How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 28331
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had this girl I knew take my phone and sent Lots of sex

Customer Question

I had this girl I knew take my phone and sent Lots of sex text to people from my phone to people that were on my phone and her phone . I do not know what to do and what might happen . Help please
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Why did you let her have the phone to do this? Did you advise the people that this was not you? Have they contacted you about this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No she did not have permission to use the phone . And I contacted a a many people as I could find she did it too
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. If the phone was taken and used without your permission, you should have contacted the police and filed a report. This way, it was documented and if someone came back and tried to go after your criminally or civilly, it could be shown that you did not do this and on record that it was done to this girl. Moreover, the police could have decided to take action against her and arrest and charge, if there was a basis to support it. What might happen is that someone may contact the police and report this. The police will then determine if there is a basis to charge and then they will investigate the matter. It would be then that you could and would need to reveal what this girl did and turn her information over to the police, to speak with and investigate her.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I barely know her . So I need to call the police
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I would at this point. You need to protect and act in your best interest and if you are proactive about this, could present problems down the road. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!