My husband and I have lived in smiths mobile estates ABOUT 4…

Customer Question
My husband and I have...
My husband and I have lived in smiths mobile estates ABOUT 4 PLUS years. My husband has been working for the property owners over two years. I was working along side him until injured my leg falling in the managers mobile while girls where showing me some new move in paper work. I was phased out without any notification. Onto new issue we asked for permission to purchase a manufactured home that came up since occupant had passed and daughter recieveced possession and sighned tittle to do with as she saw fit. I bought it for 1000.00 had permission, Kara Kenedy was even willing to advance Roger his pay or flat loan of 500.00 was expected on following morning. kara contacts sometime that day he needed to come talk to her mother, latifa. Thinking he was coming home with remainder of needed cash,because Amanda was on tight schueld to return home. I paid cash and received tittle and bill of sale. Latifa co-owner of propery that manufactured home has set for over 40 years. She told my husband NO, if he wanted to buy it he could wait until she got it and buy it from her. ever since they found out I have ownership I have been harrsed with mailings of what they are going to do,verbaly told not to sign tittle if hadn't already because its going to cost me lots of money to loose. They have tried to have me locked out by the police by telling them god knows what.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/1/2016
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Oregon has special laws that protect mobile home owners from harassment regarding the mobile homes that they own within a mobile home parks. Since it sounds like you are being harassed as an owner you may be able to get some help from the Oregon Office of Attorney Gemeral. Their division of Consumer Protection helps mobile home owners.

You can reach them here:

http://www.doj.state.or.us/consumer/Pages/index.aspx

You can also find additional sources of help here:

http://www.oregon.gov/ohcs/Pages/manufactured-dwelling-park-living-resources.aspx

If necessary you can bring an action against these people in small claims court for harassment.

You can find information on how to start that process here:

https://www.osbar.org/public/legalinfo/1061_SmallClaims.htm

I would start with the Attorney General's office because that does not cost you money to file a complaint.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer