How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 34728
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I are living in the home separate rooms no

Customer Question

My husband and I are living in the home separate rooms no divorce papers filed by him yet but I just found out that he took a bunch of china and car parts out of the house . I have video taped the entire contents. How can I stop him? I'm live in NJ
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

If the property is "marital property" (stuff you acquired during the marriage)?

There is no way to "stop" him...he has as much right to the property as you do.

That said, if he is taking martial property for his own uses? That can be considered "marital waste" and the divorce court can consider that during the divorce. SO when it comes to the divorce, if he has not returned the property, you can request the court give you a larger share of the marital estate to account for this "waste"

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.