I purchased a new pickup in November and foolishly took all…

Customer Question
I purchased a new pickup...
I purchased a new pickup in November and foolishly took all the add-ins. I realized my mistake pretty quickly and returned 3 days later to ask for the items to be dropped from my purchase. I received a signed agreement from the person who sold the items stating that I wanted the coverage removed. It is now 3 months later and no money has been returned. I call the financial group and they tell me I have to go to the dealer, the dealer has told me several times that they have sent the forms into the finance company but that it takes from 6 to 8 weeks for the paperwork to be processed. Do I have any recourse other than just waiting?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/1/2016
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Can you tell me what you mean by

I received a signed agreement from the person who sold the items stating that I wanted the coverage removed.

DId they agree to modify the contract?

I returned to the Dealership and informed the finance person that I wanted the extras, except for a protective coating that I had already had applied removed from our agreement. There was a form that he had in his desk that listed the different options available and a statement something along the lines of the customer is requesting the removal of the above items. I have the signed form at home but I am currently at work.
It may be better if I reconnect after I get home around 5:00 PM EST

Thanks

SO they key part of this will be, was the request approved.

I understand you went to the dealer and requested the changes to your contract be made...was this request approved?

Easy...I will be available. Let me know..and if you like we can chat on the phone for a $5 surcharge (you can ignore the one that was sent automatically for a much higher price)

Thank you, ***** ***** forward what I have, the paperwork along with IM messages between myself and the salesperson at the dealership.

Sure...happy to help