How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My issue is regarding custody of minor
, Sure, I have

Customer Question

Hi my issue is regarding custody of minor
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure, I have custody of my 17 yr old cousin. My grandmother is her guardian/adoptive parent. We live in AL. My question is, can I legally kick her out of the house?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Can you clarify for me please - You have custody and that is by a court order?

Yet your grandmother is the guardian?
I am wondering why the court granted you custody if there is a guardian?

And you want to remove your grandmother from your home? But allow your cousin to stay?