I'm recently out of a relationship. Unfortunately when I…

Customer Question
I'm recently out of a...
I'm recently out of a relationship. Unfortunately when I left for a family emergency, she up and left ; taking some items that were not gifts to her. A computer we needed and I bought through QVC, an expensive collectible I bought for our collection, and a satellite radio that I bought but she mostly used- the account is in my name and still paying and cannot cancel. The computer has a lot of stuff mine stored. Can I get them back? I don't know where she lives; but I do know where she works. She said she would return them as soon as she has replacements. It's been two weeks and no replies.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
1/31/2016
Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If you were not married.....then anything you purchased is your property -- not hers. Thus, you'd have a right to recover any property that she's taken. The simplest thing would be for you to issue a demand letter to her requesting the property be returned to you in the same condition that it was taken.

If she refuses to do this, your only real option would be to file a suit against her for conversion of your property and get a court order requiring her to return the items to you within a certain period of time.