LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I would like to know if yu could file a motion to vacate

Customer Question

i would like to know if yu could file a motion to vacate based on a clerical error. Case was heard on 1/25/16. Judgement said case was heard on 1/28/16
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

I believe you already opened this question and I posted an information request on the page. Can we please go back to that other, open page?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please post resposne on current page because i was unable to see your response elsewhere

No problem. A clerical error would not be a basis to vacate a judgment. This is something which could simply be amended and corrected, upon motioning the court. It does not change the decision of the Judge and can be easily fixed. The Judge may have signed the order and/or made their decision after the trial and then made a mistake of saying it was hard on the 28th, when it was the 25th, as a result of signing and issuing the order/judgment.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!