Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Can a bartender refuse alcohol because of the ppa law

Customer Question
can a bartender refuse alcohol...
can a bartender refuse alcohol because of the hippa law
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
1/31/2016
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 1 year ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

A bartender can refuse for any reason, so long as they are not discriminating based on a protected status (like race, gender, religion, national origin)

So they could refuse to serve if they believe the drink would be harmful

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Attorney