How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118784
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** ***** and I'm trying to find out just how

Customer Question

Hi, my name is ***** ***** and I'm trying to find out just how much information the Mobile Home Park owner is entitled to about my partner's disability. This is in regard to a request for reasonable accomadation for an emotional support dog.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We gave them a letter making the request and a letter from her doctor, but both were very generic and did not give specific information about her disabilities. The park owner consulted his attorney, who gave him a form for us to have filled out by the doctor. with more specific information which would identify her disabilaties, Also since she has multiple physical disabilities which cause her a lot of emotional problems, I don't know where to start on the park owner's form.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Actually, if there is a no dog policy, they are allowed to have documentation from the doctor validating the disability. You need to provide the park the information they are seeking about what the conditions are, but they are not allowed to know DETAILS of those conditions. This needs to be given to the doctor to complete and you need to send a letter to the landlord informing them that you are also sending a letter to the local Housing and Urban Development Office regarding violations of the Fair Housing Act if they refuse to accept the general information and file a complaint with them as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That reply is so generic and vague as to be totally void of value to me.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply. Please allow me to explain how this site works, we can only reply to the information and question customers ask. Your question was generic and vague and that was all we had to base our answer on as we had no idea as to what more you specifically may want to know. However, the site is set up for customers to communicate back and forth with the expert to ask more specific questions, instead of simply complaining as you did above and giving the expert no idea about what more details you would like, and the expert is more than happy to respond and provide more specific information to you.
We also offer phone service which may make it easier for you to communicate and we will send you an offer for that if you like.