I just tested positive neurodegenritive disease

Customer Question
I just tested positive for...
I just tested positive for a neurodegenritive disease (huntington's) can my medical insurance through my employer drop me?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
1/29/2016
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Under the federal Affordable Care Act the insurance company is not permitted to drop their coverage of you because you develop a chronic condition.

See:

https://www.healthcare.gov/coverage/pre-existing-conditions/

If the insurance company acts in a way to drop you or restrict your coverage you can file a complaint with the Louisiana Department of Insurance:

https://www.ldi.la.gov/onlineservices/ConsumerComplaintForm

You can also file a complaint with OSHA:

https://www.osha.gov/html/oshdir.html

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.