Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I had very debilating painful experience in September 2015

Customer Question
when I awoke one morning with...
I had very debilating painful experience in September 2015 when I awoke
one morning with muscle cramps and spasms in both quads and back ache. This was due to my second injection of Prolia for Osteoporosis. from September to December. My life definitely change with pain and a teetering gate in my walk. I have been to Lake Centre
for Rehab for about 2 weeks and when going to a Neurologist I had about 3 weeks at
Phsio Med for approximately 3 weeks plus other tests. All this therapy did help with the cramps but I still have a lot to overcome. Is there any possibility of getting compensation?
How would I contact a Medical Lawyer?
Hopefull and Optomistic,
Mrs Carolyn Jannotta
474 Troy Loop
The Villages, Fl. 32162 (###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
1/29/2016
Lawyer: Legalease, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer

Hello there --

-

Because this did not happen at a job or employment (so worker's compensation benefits are not applicable) and you were not involved in an accident or injury where you could actually file a civil lawsuit against another party (for example, if you had slipped and fallen in a store), about the only manner that you could receive some type of compensation for your monthly living expenses is if you apply for Social Security Disability payments. If you are currently receiving regular social security payments each month, you should still get to your nearest social security offices and apply for disability payments because the disability payments made to recipients are usually higher than the regular monthly retirement social security benefits each month.

-

You can certainly start the process with a medical lawyer, but your best approach for the first application is to apply through and at the local social security offices nearest to you and they generally turn down most requests for disability payments (they try to claim that your condition is not debilitating enough to warrant social security disability payments) on the first round of application. Once you receive the first denial then you take the file to a medical lawyer who handles social security disability claims and from that point forward the lawyer will handle the matter and in about six months or so, you should start receiving social security disability payments from social security.

-

Please let me know if you have further questions or if you have any further information that you want to give to me that might add to my suggestions given to you above. However, as I said, if it was not a work related injury and you were not injured due to the negligence of a third party that you could bring a lawsuit against, your final option is a claim for social security disability payments.

-

MARY

Legalease
Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer