I live in Bradford County PA Fell on 1/13/2016 at work hurt…

Customer Question
I live in Bradford County...
I live in Bradford County PA
Fell on 1/13/2016 at work hurt back
Worklmen's comp evaluation on 1/14/16 at Muncy Hospital
Prescribed muscle relaxer 1/14
Picked up prescription 1/14 at before 5 pm 1/14
I drink at home in my room at night and did on 1/14
Back was hurting, so took muscle relaxer during the night
Went to work 1/15
Went to lunch about 12pm
Car slipped on back road going back to work
No one hurt
Car was derivable but towed
passed field sobriety test, but they took me to hospital
Blood Alcohol level over limit
Required to stay 4 hours; however the level did not come down .2 an hour as expected but only .02 per hour.
Doctor said something was wrong
I told him I had taken the muscle relaxer for the first time that they had prescribed the night before.
He advised that I need an attorney as the blood alcohol
level stayed high because of the medication
He also said that he would be very clear what had happened in his records and that my records should be requested by my attorney to hopefully get charges reduced.
I need help and only work part time 30 hours a week at $7.25 an hour.
Please help me.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
1/28/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am sorry to hear this has happened, but while a muscle relaxer may stay in your system and may slow alcohol level reducing, you are going to need a toxicologist to testify how this could be more than 12 hours after you allegedly consumed alcohol. So your first step is you need to get a local public defender if you cannot afford an attorney, PA law strictly forbids us from representing anyone from this site. Second step is you need to get the public defender to file a motion with the court to pay for a toxicology expert to explain how you could have blood alcohol remaining for in excess of 12 hours since you consumed the alcohol because of the muscle relaxer. This is really the only option you have to try to get yourself a defense to these charges I am afraid.