Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I advised my Company 3 months ago that I intended to retire

Customer Question

I advised my Company 3 months ago that I intended to retire in June 2016 at age of 70 +, due change in my personal circumstances I advised them 1 month ago that was not intending to retire in 2016. They are now trying say that I am not in the budget & must retire.
Is this legally correct.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Can you tell me, are you a union employee? Or a contract employee?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Neither
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you
Can you tell me, what was the reason given for this? They claim budget issues?