Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I didn't catch your name last time, sorry about that. I

Customer Question

Hello!! I didn't catch your name last time, sorry about that. This is Kathryn (I go by Kate) again. you just answered my question about my mother illegally evicting me...
So, she said if you (referring to me) go there ill change the alarm and take the furniture out, EVERYTHING and some of it is mine....my bedroom, I bought all of the food in the house,etc....
so, she knows when I go to school so what if I come home and she has totally cleared out my house??? She has a crew of men that work for her. I think I should inform her of my rights. And you can, can you tell my subjects I should check out or print so I have all of my "aammunition against her evicting .
What would you do if you were in a similar situation??
oh, and she has my daughter because im in school and she wanted my daughter to be with family but my mom has changed maybe6 or 7 diapers since last December. and I want my baby girl with me sooooooo bad my car got totaled by a hit and run and got less than half of what we paid for it and my airbags didn't deploy they should've u=I could have sued but my Mom thought no lets just move on ugh,,,,, whats the best weapon to have to face my mother....knowledge,,,specific knowledgge
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your new question. Before we can proceed any further with this new question, you need to go back to the previous question and click on the 5 stars when you do so let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already gave you 5 stars and wrote a comment and now its asking if I want to tip you I haven't read your second response yet:)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is your second reply?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I clicked on your 5 stars
Thank you for your reply. It only just now came through. thank you.
The issue here is your mom knows she has you trapped, so she is exerting control over you. She has care of your child because you need her and as long as she has that more than anything she can hold that over your head as she is doing.
So, you are going to have two choices, both tough for you. First, you have to find someone to care for your daughter while you are in school. Once you do that you can free yourself of your mom and her control and you can seek to move from her home, which would end the control over her. You are the child's parent and you can decide whether or not your mom can see the child, she has no legal right to even demand visitation with the child (see: Troxel v. Granville, 530 U.S. 57 (2000), which makes it a basic civil right to you decide for your child). But this I know is hard for you to do.
The second choice is just as hard and that is to put up with her and play along until you graduate school and can then get off on your own and not need her to care for your child.
Here is the information for you on illegal self help evictions: http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/illegal-eviction-procedures-california.html
You can use that and the laws in the link as your ammunition that she cannot just put all of your things out and lock you out without going through the legal eviction process.