My property was lost in the 2014 wayne county auction due to…

Customer Question
My property was lost in...
My property was lost in the 2014 wayne county auction due to my morgtage company not pay the property taxes. A new company has the mortgage and they are not aware of the situation. BSN the mortgage company sent me a foreclosure process letter. The home is now owned by the Land bank. Can i sue the previous morgtage company for not paying the taxes? Or will my wages be garnisheed since the property belongs to another party. What should i do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
1/27/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can seek to sue the mortgage company if the mortgage contract stated they were supposed to pay the taxes from your escrow and they failed to do so. If your contract said they were to pay the taxes, then you can sue the mortgage company for your loss of the property, otherwise the mortgage company could seek to sue you for payment on the loan, since the tax foreclosure in MI extinguished the mortgage lien on the property.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney