Involved in an accident while driving a U-Haul truck. I t a…

Customer Question
involved in an accident while...
involved in an accident while driving a U-Haul truck. I hit a city tree branch that was to low results in $7K of damages. My Insurance was not enough. I asked City to pay and have not heard back. it's been 2 months now. Insurance company for U-Haul wants payment from me by mid February. Do I need a civil attorney to help me?
Thank you
Rob
**
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
1/27/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Do you have evidence that the city previously knew about the branch being a problem and low hanging and that they failed to take action to remove it? This is going to be required before you can pursue them for liability for the damages.