How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Involved in an accident while driving a U-Haul truck. I t a

Customer Question

involved in an accident while driving a U-Haul truck. I hit a city tree branch that was to low results in $7K of damages. My Insurance was not enough. I asked City to pay and have not heard back. it's been 2 months now. Insurance company for U-Haul wants payment from me by mid February. Do I need a civil attorney to help me?
Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Do you have evidence that the city previously knew about the branch being a problem and low hanging and that they failed to take action to remove it? This is going to be required before you can pursue them for liability for the damages.