I PAID $2415.00 SERVICE TO KEEP THE WATER FROM ENTERING MY…

Customer Question
I PAID $2415.00 FOR A...
I PAID $2415.00 FOR A SERVICE TO KEEP THE WATER FROM ENTERING MY BASEMENT. THE CONTRACT READ "CATCH THE WATER BEFORE IT COMES INTO YOUR HOME". WELL, THE WATER CAME IN AND RUINED MY CARPET, WHICH WAS ABOUT 6 MONTHS OLD. i PAID HOME DEPOT $760.00 FOR THE CARPET. I HAD THE CARPET REMOVED AS IT WAS SOAK AND WET. WHAT ACTION SHOULD I TAKE?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
1/27/2016
Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

You should file suit in small claims court for negligence and breach of contract. Your damages to the carpet and the contract itself is below $5000 so small claims court should be the right court to file in.