How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My seventeen year old has a charge of level 3 felony

Customer Question

My seventeen year old has a charge of level 3 felony for child molestion and he has never been in trouble he is a good son but also seeks psychiatric and hase been for years. He is a good son who is in depressed stayt of mind he is a really so sorry for what has happened it was a crazy experance and there is i dont condon what happened but he is my baby and i need to get this worked out my so is a very imature for his age he not like a normal 17 year old a but slow in life. Where do i go now he has never been in truble and a fantastic kid. I need help he has so manny gaols in life and all people like him i just want to havehe to a full clean record. So what now
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I am sorry to hear of this situation for you.

Can you tell me what the charge is exactly so I can look up a few laws for you, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Child molest level 3felony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please give me some idea what i have to face
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

I suggest that because of the seriousness of this charge, he will want and need to have local legal representation. If you cannot afford a private attorney then he should be consulting with the Public Defender.

The crime carries the possible penalty of up to 10 years in prison. And so he will want to have a local attorney who can evaluate everything as per the "victim's" statement, etc.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

I do not participate in phone calls offered by this site. We can continue here, however. But if you prefer I can opt out and perhaps another attorney will be willing to make the call to you. Please let me know if you want to continue or if you want me to opt out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need help i am so lost i am on disabilty so i dont know if i cant Afford a lawyer. This is so hard as a parent but you love your kids no matter what and it was a uncomfortable situatin and never dreamed possible my son regret it and has suasido thoghts about the incendent.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

I can appreciate what you are going through. And I am sorry you need to endure this situation.

I suggest he does not want to discuss anything about this charge with anyone but a local attorney. He can also consult with the Public Defender if you cannot afford a local private attorney. I am sure this is very heartbreaking for you. But of course he needs to be found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt before any sentence can be imposed.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

So if he consults with a local criminal defense attorney and is unable to afford one, then he should go to the Public Defender.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification in this regard. Otherwise I would appreciate a positive rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Thank you and good luck with all of this.