My seventeen year old has a charge of level 3 felony

Customer Question
for child molestion and he...
My seventeen year old has a charge of level 3 felony for child molestion and he has never been in trouble he is a good son but also seeks psychiatric and hase been for years. He is a good son who is in depressed stayt of mind he is a really so sorry for what has happened it was a crazy experance and there is i dont condon what happened but he is my baby and i need to get this worked out my so is a very imature for his age he not like a normal 17 year old a but slow in life. Where do i go now he has never been in truble and a fantastic kid. I need help he has so manny gaols in life and all people like him i just want to havehe to a full clean record. So what now
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
1/27/2016
Lawyer: Sam, Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Sam, Attorney at Law

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I am sorry to hear of this situation for you.

Can you tell me what the charge is exactly so I can look up a few laws for you, please?

Child molest level 3felony
Please give me some idea what i have to face

Thank you.

I suggest that because of the seriousness of this charge, he will want and need to have local legal representation. If you cannot afford a private attorney then he should be consulting with the Public Defender.

The crime carries the possible penalty of up to 10 years in prison. And so he will want to have a local attorney who can evaluate everything as per the "victim's" statement, etc.

I do not participate in phone calls offered by this site. We can continue here, however. But if you prefer I can opt out and perhaps another attorney will be willing to make the call to you. Please let me know if you want to continue or if you want me to opt out?

I need help i am so lost i am on disabilty so i dont know if i cant Afford a lawyer. This is so hard as a parent but you love your kids no matter what and it was a uncomfortable situatin and never dreamed possible my son regret it and has suasido thoghts about the incendent.

I can appreciate what you are going through. And I am sorry you need to endure this situation.

I suggest he does not want to discuss anything about this charge with anyone but a local attorney. He can also consult with the Public Defender if you cannot afford a local private attorney. I am sure this is very heartbreaking for you. But of course he needs to be found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt before any sentence can be imposed.

So if he consults with a local criminal defense attorney and is unable to afford one, then he should go to the Public Defender.

Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification in this regard. Otherwise I would appreciate a positive rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you and good luck with all of this.

Sam, Attorney at Law